Dr. Nancy Kusmaul
Nancy Kusmaul, PhD, MSW, received her MSW from the University of Michigan and received her PhD from the University at Buffalo School of Social Work. She is an assistant professor in the Baccalaureate Social Work program at the University of Maryland Baltimore County. Dr. Kusmaul was social worker in health care settings for more than a decade. Her research focuses on organizational culture, trauma informed care, and the impacts of culture on care recipients and the workforce. She is particularly interested in the experience of direct care workers in organizations, particularly Certified Nursing Assistants in long term care settings. She is a member of the Baltimore County Elder Abuse Coalition and the Maryland Nursing Home Culture Change Coalition.
- Withers, M, Ph.D., "Trauma-Informed Care and Why It Matters", Psychology TodaY, 2017.
- Bath, Howard, "The Three Pillars of Trauma-Informed Care", ResearchGate, 2008.
- Kusmaul, N., Ph.D. "Putting Together Pieces of Trauma-Informed Care Puzzle", Caring for the Ages, 2019.
- Hales, T., et. al., ""An Association Between Implementing Trauma-Informed Care and Staff Satisfaction", Advances in Social Work, 2017.
- Hales, T., Kusmaul, N., Nochajski, T., & Sundborg, S. "The Trauma-Informed Climate Scale-10 (TICS-10): A Measure of Staff Perceptions of the Service Environment Human Service Organizations: Management, Leadership, and Governance" Advance Online Publication, doi: 10.1080/23303131.2019.1671928, 2019.
- Episode 263 – Dr. Nancy Kusmaul: "Trauma Informed Care in Long Term Care". inSocialWork Podcast Series. Z. Noam (Interviewer), 2019, May 6.
- Episode 208 – Dr. Nancy Kusmaul and Ms. Lisa Kendall: "Impacts of Trauma in Later Life". inSocialWork Podcast Series. J. McGinley (Interviewer). 2017, January 30.
SAMHSA TIP 57: “Trauma Informed Care in Behavioral Health Services”
SAMHSA’s Concept of Trauma and Guidance for a Trauma-Informed Approach
- " The Institute on Trauma and Trauma-Informed Care" [Request their Trauma-Informed Organizational Change Manual!],
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.