Jan 13th, 2020
Dr. Joan Carpenter, PhD, CRNP, ACHPN, FPCN
Dr. Carpenter is a Research Associate faculty member at the University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, and Health Scientist at the Corporal Michael J. Crescenz Veterans Affairs Medical Center, and geriatric and palliative nurse practitioner whose practice focuses on the post acute and long term care setting. Educated and trained as an advance practice nurse and scientist, she has over twenty years of experience working with persons with serious and complex illness. Dr. Carpenter collaborates with nursing homes and interdisciplinary health professionals to implement evidence-based practices and test complex interventions that support high quality palliative care in nursing homes.
- Carpenter, J., CRNP, NP-C, GNP-BC, et. al.; "Nutritional Supplementation and Sarcopenia: The Evidence Grows", JPM, 2013.
- Carpenter, J., CRNP, NP-C, GNP-BC, et. al.; "Associations between Timing of Palliative Care Consults and Family Evaluation of Care for Veterans Who Die in a Hospice/Palliative Care Unit", JPM, 2017.
- Carpenter, J., MN CRNP ACHPN; "Lost in Transition: Palliative Care after Hospitalization.", JPSM, 2013.
- Carpenter, J. (2017). Hospital Palliative Care Teams and Post-Acute Care in Nursing Facilities: An Integrative Review. Research in Gerontological Nursing, 10(1), 25-34. PMID:28112355; PMCID: PMC5360155
- Carpenter, J., Berry, P., Ersek, M. (2017). Nursing Home Care Trajectories for Older Adults Following In-Hospital Palliative Care Consultation. Geriatric Nursing, 38(6), 531-536. PMID: 28457493; PMCID; PMC5659976
- Carpenter, J., Berry, P.B., Ersek, M. (2018). Care in Nursing Facilities after Palliative Consult. Journal of Hospice and Palliative Nursing, 20, 153-159. PMID: 29657556; PMCID: PMC5894112