Oct 7th, 2018
Jeffrey Nichols, MD, CMD
Dr. Jeffrey Nichols, CMD, is Chief Medical Officer of the Gouverneur Skilled Nursing Facility, a division of New York City Health + Hospitals. Dr. Nichols teaches both Geriatrics and Palliative Care fellows and is an Associate Professor at the NYU Langone Medical School as well as the Icahn Mount Sinai School of Medicine. Dr. Nichols is Board Certified in Hospice and Palliative Care as well as Geriatrics. A long time AMDA leader, he currently serves as AMDA's Treasurer and Finance Committee Chair and writes the Dear Dr. Jeff column for Caring for the Ages.
- M C Reid, et al. "Pain Management in Long-Term Care Communities: A Quality Improvement Initiative”, Annals of Long Term Care, 2015
- Laura B. Farless, MD; Christine S. Ritchie, MD, MSPH / ”Challenges of Pain Management in Long-Term Care”, Annals of Long Term Care, 2012
- Brat, GA, et al, “Postsurgical prescriptions for opioid naive patients and association with overdose and misuse: retrospective cohort study”, British Medical Journal, 2018
- “Aging and Addicted”: The Opioid Epidemic Affects Older Adults, Too”, Kaiser Health News, 2016
- CMS Roadmap to Address the Opioid Epidemic, CMS.gov, June, 2018