Sep 10th, 2018
Naushira Pandya, MD, CMD
Dr. Pandya is board certified in internal Medicine, Geriatrics, and Endocrinology. She is also a certified medical director of long-term care facilities, and a recognized authority in diabetes management in the elderly. In addition, she oversees the training of medical students, residents and fellows in Geriatrics, and is a research mentor students, residents and faculty. She has over 20 publications and is a national and international speaker. Dr.Pandya has held several state and national leadership positions, including the presidency of AMDA, Society for Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Medicine. She holds the distinction of being a Fulbright Senior Specialist Scholar in Geriatrics in Slovakia in 2009.
- Centers for Disease Control Diabetes Data, cdc.org
- Munshi, M., et. al., Management of Diabetes in Long-term Care and Skilled Nursing Facilities: A Position Statement of the American Diabetes Association, Diabetes Care 2016 Feb; 39(2): 308-318.
- Haas, Linda, Special Considerations for Older Adults With Diabetes Residing in Skilled Nursing Facilities, Diabetes Spectrum 2014 Feb; 27 (1): 37
- McKnight’s Long Term Care News, August 5, 2015, profile on Naushira Pandya MD
- Pandya N, et. al., Optimizing insulin delivery for patients with diabetes, Geriatric Nursing, 2018, 39:138