This podcast will spotlight articles from the June 2022 issue of JAMDA. JAMDA is the official journal of AMDA - The Society for Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Medicine.
Host: Karl Steinberg MD, HMDC, CMD
Guests: Philip Sloane MD, MPH; Mallory Brown, MD
Special Guest: Josh Niznik, PharmD
- Sloane, P., MD, MPH, et. al., “The Ambiguous Reality of Prescribing in Geriatric Practice”, JAMDA, June/2022.
- Lau, E., BPharmMgmt (Hons), et. al., “Prevalence and Risk Factors for Drug-Related Problems in People with Dementia Living in the Community: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis”, JAMDA, June/2022.
- Mbazira, A., MRCPsych, et. al., “Sedation-Associated Medications at Dementia Diagnosis, Their Receptor Activity, and Associations With Adverse Outcomes in a Large Clinical Cohort”, JAMDA, June/2022.
- Baier, R., MPH, et. al., “Feasibility of a Nursing Home Antibiotic Stewardship Intervention”, JAMDA, June/2022.
- Jacob, , PharmD, et. al., “Antibiotic De-escalation Opportunities for Residents in Assisted Living Facilities”, JAMDA, June/2022.
- Harris, D., MPH, et. al., “Potential Unintentional Consequences of Antipsychotic Reduction in Ontario Nursing Homes”, JAMDA, June/2022.
Recorded: May 25, 2022