This podcast will spotlight articles from the April 2022 issue of JAMDA. JAMDA is the official journal of AMDA - The Society for Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Medicine.
Host: Karl Steinberg MD, HMDC, CMD
Guests: Dr. Philip Sloane, Dr. Mallory Brown, and Dr. Jaclyn Portelli Tremont
Recorded: April 15, 2022
Integration of surgical and medical specialists in care of older persons:
- Lester, P., MD, CMP, et. al., “Interdisciplinary Protocol for Surgery in Older Persons: Development and Implementation”, JAMDA, April/2022.
- Viberg, B, MD, PhD, et. al., “Standardized, Coordinated Care in Nursing Homes Lowers Rehospitalization after Hip Fracture”, JAMDA, April/2022.
- Thillainadesan, J. MD, PhD, et. al., “Effectiveness of Comanagement Model: Geriatric Medicine and Vascular Surgery”, JAMDA, April/2022.
Reducing surgical risk through pre-operative active management:
- Lee, J.W., MSN, et. al., “Preoperative Deprescribing for Medical Optimization of Older Adults Undergoing Surgery: A Systematic Review”, JAMDA, April/2022.
- Hao, S., MD, et. al., “Prehabilitation for Older Adults Undergoing Liver Resection: Getting Patients and Surgeons Up to Speed”, JAMDA, April/2022.
- Suenaga, H., PhD, DDS, et. al., “Impact of Dental Referral Prior to Elective Surgery on Postoperative Outcomes”, JAMDA, April/2022.
Co-management of urgent and emergent surgical conditions:
- Portelli Tremont, J.N., MD, et. al., “Applying Evidence-based Principles to Guide Emergency Surgery in Older Adults”, JAMDA, April/2022.
- Ghneim, M., MD, et. al., “Traumatic Brain Injury in Older Adults: Characteristics, Outcomes and Considerations. Results from the American Association for the Surgery of Trauma Geriatric Traumatic Brain Injury (GERI-TBI) Multicenter Trial”, JAMDA, April/2022.
- Quinn, S., MD, et. al., “Emergency Surgery for Diverticulitis: Relationship of Outcomes to Patient Age and Surgical Procedure”, JAMDA, April/2022.