This podcast will spotlight articles from the January 2021 issue of JAMDA. JAMDA is the official journal of AMDA - The Society for Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Medicine.
Host: Wayne Saltsman MD, PhD, CMD
Guests: Philip Sloane MD, MPH; Mallory Brown, MD; Dr. Joshua Nisnik
- A. Grossi, MD, et. al. "Use of Alcohol in Long Term Care Settings: A Comparative Analysis of Personal Choice, Public Health Advice and the Law", JAMDA, 1/2021.
- V. Hernandez-Ruiz, MD, et. al. "Subcutaneous Antibiotic Therapy: The Why, How, Which Drugs and When", JAMDA, 1/2021.
- M. Vu, MD, et. al., "Antihypertensive Deprescribing in Older Adult Veterans at End of Life Admitted to Veteran Affairs Nursing Homes", JAMDA, 1/2021.
- Y. Rolland, MD, et. al. "Psychotropic Drug Consumption at Admission and Discharge of Nursing Home Residents", JAMDA, 1/2021.
- J. D. Nisnik, PhD, et. al. "Are Nursing Home Residents With Dementia Appropriately Treated for Fracture Prevention?", JAMDA, 1/2021.
- T. Dharmarahan, MD, et. al. "The Use and Misuse of Proton Pump Inhibitors: An Opportunity for Deprescribing", JAMDA, 1/2021.
Recorded on 12/13/2021