Jun 4th, 2018
Frailty with Philip D. Sloane, MD, MPH
Dr. Sloane is the Elizabeth and Oscar Goodwin Distinguished Professor of Family Medicine at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Recently selected as Co-Editor in Chief of JAMDA, Dr. Sloane has authored over 200 peer-reviewed publications and co-authored two popular text books.
He is particularly noted for his work around the management of behavioral symptoms in Alzheimer’s disease, for which he received the prestigious Pioneer Award from the US Alzheimer’s Association. An advocate for change and improvement in primary care medical practice, he founded the North Carolina Family Medicine Research Network and the North Carolina Network Consortium, which conduct research statewide.
- Philip Sloane, MD, MPH; Matteo Cesari, MD, PHD "Research on Frailty: Continued Progress, Continued Challenges" JAMDA, 2018
- Philip Sloan et. al., "Nutritional, Physical, Cognitive, and Combination Interventions and Frailty Reversal Among Older Adults: A Randomized Controlled Trial" The Amereican Journal of Medicine, 2015
- Llibre Rodriguez et. al. "The Prevalence and Correlates of Frailty in Urban and Rural Populations in Latin America, China, and India: A 10/66 Population-Based Survey"JAMDA, 2018
- Liu et. al., "Joint Trajectories of Cognition and Frailty and Associated Burden of Patient-Reported Outcomes"JAMDA, 2018
- Alegre et. al. "An Easy Assessment of Frailty at Baseline Independently Predicts Prognosis in Very Elderly Patients With Acute Coronary Syndromes" JAMDA, 2018
- Ntanasi et. al. "Adherence to Mediterranean Diet and Frailty", JAMDA, 2018
- Fried, et. al., "Frailty in older adults: evidence for a phenotype", Journal of Gerontology, 2001
- Jones, et. al., "Evaluation of a Frailty Index based on a comprehensive geriatric assessment in a population based study of elderly Canadians", Aging Clinical and Experimental Research, 2005
- Rockwood, et. al., "A Global Clinical Measure of Fitness and Frailty in Elderly People", CMAJ, 2005