Hosted by: Diane Sanders-Cepeda, DO, CMD
Join our host, Diane Sanders-Cepeda, DO, CMD, for this Special Edition of FMDA's Journal Club, COVID-19 Call to Action.
Our learning objectives for this session were:
1. Address current state of the state, hotspots, and trends with COVID-19 infections across the country.
2. Describe the differences in infection rates seen with the Delta variant and discuss which other variants have been identified.
3. Analyze current staff vaccination rates and review FMDA’s SNF Staff Vaccine Confidence Initiative progress in tackling vaccine hesitancy.
4. Examine monoclonal antibody updated guidance and review the challenges of using this treatment in PALTC settings.
5. Review current guidance on administering 3rd shots of mRNA vaccines for immunocompromised patients and define who the “immunocompromised” are.
Click here to access the PowerPoint Slides
Recorded: August 19, 2021