This podcast will spotlight articles from the January 2020 issue of JAMDA. JAMDA is the official journal of AMDA - The Society for Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Medicine.
Host: Wayne Saltsman MD, PhD, CMD
Guests: Philip Sloane MD, MPH; Mallory Brown, MD
- Zerbib, et. al., "Copper for the Prevention of Outbreaks of Health Care–Associated Infections in a Long-term Care Facility for Older Adults"
- Chicovic, et. al., "Evaluation of Viruses Associated With Acute Respiratory Infections in Long-Term Care Facilities Using a Novel Method: Wisconsin, 2016‒2019"
- Thompson, et. al., "Epidemiology of Antibiotic Use for Urinary Tract Infection in Nursing Home Residents"
- Hughes, et. al., "Antibiograms Cannot Be Used Interchangeably Between Acute Care Medical Centers and Affiliated Nursing Homes"
- Lee, et. al., "Combining Procalcitonin and Rapid Multiplex Respiratory Virus Testing for Antibiotic Stewardship in Older Adult Patients With Severe Acute Respiratory Infection”
- Felsen, et. al., "Reducing Fluoroquinolone Use and Clostridioides difficile Infections in Community Nursing Homes Through Hospital–Nursing Home Collaboration"
- Frentzel, et. al., "Recommendations for Mandatory Influenza Vaccinations for Health Care Personnel From AMDA's Infection Advisory Subcommittee"
- Ashraf, et. al., "Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention of Urinary Tract Infections in Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Settings: A Consensus Statement From AMDA's Infection Advisory Subcommittee"
- Nace, et. al., "Are Antibiograms Ready for Prime Time in the Nursing Home?"
- Slifka, et. al., "Prioritizing Prevention to Combat Multidrug Resistance in Nursing Homes: A Call to Action"