Elizabeth Conti, Ph. D.
Dr. Conti is staff Psychologist at the Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center, and Assistant Professor at Baylor College of Medicine. She is licensed psychologist in the state of Texas and the embedded psychologist in the Cancer Center and outpatient palliative care at the Houston VA. She is passionate about suicide prevention (particularly for older Veterans), late life mental health, and improving the well-being of medically ill populations. Her post-doctoral training included health services research and quality improvement in large healthcare systems.
- U. S. Surgeon General Report;"2012 National Strategy for Suicide Prevention: Goals and Objectives for Action", PubMed, 2012.
- Stanley, B., et. al. "Safety Planning Intervention: A Brief Intervention to Mitigate Suicide Risk", Cognitive and Behavioral Practice, May, 2012.
- Choy, C., "Suicide in palliative care setting", Annals of Palliative Medicine, Dec. 2017.
- Mezuk, B., PhD., et. al."Suicide Among Older Adults Living in or Transitioning to Residential Long-term Care, 2003 to 2015", JAMA, June, 2019.
- Miller, D, “When a Patient Dies by Suicide—The Physician’s Silent Sorrow”, NEJM, 2019
- VA / Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Centers
* Opinions expressed are solely the responsibility of Dr. Conti and do not necessarily represent the views of the Department of Veterans Affairs or the U.S. government.