Join panelists Eduardo Diaz, MD; Amina Dubuisson, DNP, MSN, RN, PCNS-BC; Karen Goldsmith, Esq.; Gregory A. Sullivan, MD; and your host, Diane Sanders-Cepeda, DO, CMD; for this special episode of FMDA’s Journal Club, Best Practices for Applying the Baker Act in SNFs.
Our learning objectives for this session were:
- Describe the nuances and complexities around Baker Acts in PALTC facilities.
- Define the roles that we play in executing Baker Acts in our PALTC facilities.
- Address the challenges that PALTC facilities and providers face with Baker Acting residents.
- Review legal and regulatory updates and challenges surrounding Baker Acts.
- Discuss the appropriate assessment and evaluation that should be conducted prior to initiating a Baker Act.
Recorded: September 21, 2022
Panelists: Eduardo Diaz, MD; Amina Dubuisson, DNP, MSN, RN, PCNS-BC; Karen Goldsmith, Esq.; Gregory A. Sullivan, MD
Hosted by: Diane Sanders-Cepeda, DO, CMD
Available Credit: The American Board of Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Medicine (ABPLM) issues CMD credits for AMDA On-The-Go and affiliate podcast episodes as follows:
Claim CMD Credit