Joseph G. Ouslander, MD
Joseph G. Ouslander, M.D., is Professor and Senior Associate Dean for Geriatric Programs at the Charles E. Schmidt College of Medicine at Florida Atlantic University and Professor (Courtesy) at the Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing at FAU in Boca Raton, Florida. He is a graduate of Johns Hopkins University and the Case Western Reserve School of Medicine. Among Dr. Ouslanders' many achievements and contributions in the field of geriatric medicine and care is the creation and dissemination of Interventions to Reduce Acute Care Transfers (INTERACT), a quality improvement program that assists long-term care facilities and programs in improving care, and reducing unnecessary hospitalizations and their related complications and costs.
- J. Ouslander, et. al., "Evaluation of Nursing Facility Resident Safety During Implementation of the INTERACT Quality Improvement Program", JAMDA, 2018
- Jencks, SF, et. al., "Rehospitalizations among Patients in the Medicare Fee-for-Service Program", NEJM, 2009
- Gozalo, P, et. al., "End-of-Life Transitions among Nursing Home Residents with Cognitive Issues", NEJM, 2011
- Ouslander, JG, et al, "Interventions to Reduce Hospitalizations from Nursing Homes: Evaluation of the INTERACT II Collaborative Quality Improvement Project", JAGS, 2011
- Ouslander, JG, et al, "Hospital Transfers of Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) Patients Within 48 Hours and 30 Days After SNF Admission", JAMDA, 2016
- Flint, LA, et al, "Perspective: Rehabbed to Death", NEJM, 2019
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.